AetherSX2 is a emulator of the PS Two console for the Android platform. You can play games which you have dumped from disc on your portable device.
A BIOS image **is required** to play games and is not optional. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application.
You need a high end device to achieve good performance. We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single core Geekbench 5). If you only have two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs), you should not enable multi-threaded VU, and performance will suffer as a result.
Devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs will run the app, but performance will be much lower than Adreno GPUs.
– System simulation
– OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
– Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
– Widescreen patches for games without native support
– Save states
– Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
– Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
– Per game settings
AetherSX2 should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself. To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.
This app is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
* Texture preloading performance improvements.
* Add memory card creation/settings/per-game overrides.
* Disable texture barriers by default on Adreno (too many broken drivers).
* Prevent Vulkan being used on old drivers which are missing required formats.
* Minor optimization to VU dispatch (~10% improvement in Ratchet).
* Fix error reporting when loading incompatible save state.
* Add save state manager.