Here you have compiled a list of Best App To Improve Vocabulary. These Apps are free on the Google Play Store. Vocabulary building apps designed to help you learn new words while having fun on your phone.
From Scrabble-style games with friends to flash card quizzes, learn more about these apps that’ll increase your verbiage in no time below.
WordUp is not another dictionary app, although it can be used as an English dictionary. WordUp is the most efficient way to learn English words and understand them deeply, with a scientific language learning method and, entertaining examples from YouTube, Word pictures, famous quotes, news, and more. WordUp is unlike any vocabulary builder app you’ve seen before!
Here at WordUp, we know that no one knows every English word in the dictionary, including you…and that’s completely fine! But how good would it feel knowing that you know most if not all the important and more frequently used words?
WordUp’s revolutionary approach to language learning and expanding your vocabulary will leave you feeling confident in any scenario. Whether you are a native English speaker or your English just needs some work, the WordUp app can identify which important English words you don’t know and will give you fun and engaging tools to learn them. With translations in more than 30 languages including French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Turkish, Persian, …
Our scientifically proven methods of memorising are integrated into daily life with chrome extension to teach you worthwhile and frequently used words as well as focus on one word at a time, aiding long term retention and focus only on you and your progress.
It works based on 4 simple steps:
- Assess your English language knowledge
- Discover which words you don’t know
- Learn, review and practice English words in order of importance
- Learn the language by setting a goal and everyday track of your progress
WordUp can be utilised by everyone and there are many reasons why, below are some examples of how:
- Native English speakers – to generally improve your vocabulary and knowledge of words
- Non-native English speakers – to learn english from scratch and expand your horizons
- English teachers – a classroom tool or form of AFL
- Employer – a way to improve communication skills at work
- Government officials – standardize language skills, irrespective of role or department
- Students – to help IELTS prep or TOEFL exam
|Updated||2 March 2022|
|Size||Varies with device|
|Requires Android||5.0 and up|
|Content rating||Rated for 3+|
|Offered By||Geeks Ltd|
Magoosh Vocabulary Builder
Build your vocabulary with Magoosh’s free GRE vocabulary game for your Android device. Quiz yourself every day to learn the 1200 most important words on the GRE test! Our app helps you improve your vocab and prep for the GRE test – now you can practice and improve your vocabulary anywhere, any time!
Why students LOVE our app
- 1200 GRE vocab words picked by an expert tutor
- Audio pronunciation for each of the words in the app
- Definitions and example sentences for every word
- Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced vocabulary sections
- Beat levels to unlock new words
- Track your progress as you study
This app gives you free access to all of Magoosh’s general, GRE, SAT, and TOEFL vocab quizzes. Sign in with a Magoosh account (or create a new one) to save your progress to the web.
Created by experts
The entire wordlist is selected and defined with usage examples by Magoosh’s expert tutors, led by Chris Lele. He has been teaching the GRE for more than 10 years, runs a popular vocabulary series on YouTube, and he’s also written an eBook on vocabulary. He is unbeatable in Scrabble, or any other word game for that matter.
Designed for fun and learning that really sticks
Each level you beat unlocks a harder one: more words and more advanced vocabulary. Words you don’t know will be repeated until you master them, using spaced repetition which has been shown to be a very effective memorization strategy.
We’re an online test prep company with a focus on teaching the GRE, GMAT, ACT, SAT, TOEFL, and IELTS through videos and personalized customer support.
In addition to our online course, we blog about words, roots, formulas, grammar, problem-solving, quantitative reasoning, and reading comprehension along with study guides and study tips. Articles from the blog have been compiled into 3 separate free ebooks with over 6,000 downloads.
|Updated||July 30, 2021|
|Requires Android||4.1 and up|
With its uniquely effective word learning system, the Vocabulary.com app helps you master words through a fun and addictive game. And it’s powered by the world’s smartest, fastest dictionary. From the makers of the award-winning Vocabulary.com website, this app will expand your vocabulary with lightning speed!
IT’S A SCIENCE
Vocabulary.com is a comprehensive program for lifelong learning of vocabulary, in which each activity is specially chosen for you.
- We use sophisticated algorithms to help you learn more effectively.
- We start with 235,858 questions that teach 15,914 words.
- We use the science of learning to model how you learn (and retain) new words.
- By comparing your answers to the hundreds of millions of answers given by other Vocabulary.com users, we personalize your learning experience and choose the best question for you at just the right time.
AND IT’S A GAME
We’ve turned learning vocabulary into an addictive game. You may not even notice that you’re learning along the way.
- Accumulate points, achievements and badges.
- Compete with Vocabulary.com users from throughout the world.
- Studying for an exam like the SAT, GRE, or TOEFL? We have learnable lists for you, covering everything from standardized tests to breaking news — you name it.
- Choose from one of our 50,000 ready-to-learn lists.
- Or if you see a word in the dictionary that you want to learn, just click “learn this word” and we’ll teach it to you.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- TIME’s 50 Best Websites of the Year
- PC Magazine’s Top 100 Websites of the Year
- Tech & Learning Award of Excellence
- Webby Awards: Official Honoree in Education
|Updated||September 28, 2021|
|Requires Android||4.4 and up|
Words With Friends Classic
Come enjoy The Original Word Play! Grab your mobile device and prove you have what it takes to best your friends and family in this addictive multiplayer game. Whether you need to relax after a long day, or are looking to train your brain, Words With Friends Classic is perfect for you! Make sure to keep your mind sharp as you choose the perfect move on the board, as one word can be the difference between victory and defeat!
Are you looking for a way to build your vocabulary by yourself? Our Solo Challenge is the answer! There is no better way to train your brain than against our fiendish word masters. Looking for new friends with whom to play puzzle games? You can practice your crossword skills with our random opponent matchmaking. No matter if you play with friends old or new, stay connected with our in-game chat, and track your progress with unlockable stats.
Think you’re the best at word games of all your friends? Prove it by racking up points and beating your Weekly Challenge!
|Updated||18 February 2022|
|Requires Android||6.0 and up|
|Content rating||Rated for 3+|
7 Little Words
If you enjoy crossword puzzles, word finds, anagrams or trivia quizzes, you’re going to love 7 Little Words!
Each bite-size puzzle consists of 7 clues, 7 mystery words, and 20 tiles with groups of letters. Solve the clues and unscramble the letter tiles to find the puzzle answers.
7 Little Words is FUN, CHALLENGING, and EASY TO LEARN. We guarantee you’ve never played anything like it before. Give 7 Little Words a try today!
From the creators of Monkey Wrench and Red Herring.
7 Little Words contains 25 puzzles that you can play for free. Two new puzzles are available for free each day without any purchase.
PLAY 10,000+ PUZZLES
With more than 10,000 puzzles in this app, you will find:
- 5 difficulty levels, from very easy to impossible
- theme puzzles that will have you searching for what the words have in common
- collections of our famous Daily Puzzles
- the option to play every puzzle in UK English
- Spanish puzzles
- puzzles written for an Australian audience
- even fill-in-the-blank puzzles
|Updated||1 March 2022|
|Requires Android||8.0 and up|
|Content rating||Rated for 3+|
|Offered By||Blue Ox Family Games, Inc.|