On this page, you can easily know about How To FaceTime An Android User. FaceTime wasn’t the first video calling app, but it may be the most well-known and one of the most widely used.
However, Apple doesn’t make an Android version, and the only way for people using that platform to participate is for an iPhone user to invite them to a call they’re already on. And if you want to use FaceTime on Windows, you’re currently out of luck.
How to join a FaceTime call on an Android or PC
Android and Windows users still can’t start FaceTime calls. But as long as you have Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, you can join calls that others make.
Quick tip: Google Chrome comes pre-installed on most Android phones, and Microsoft Edge comes pre-installed on all Windows PCs.
First, someone with an Apple device needs to start the FaceTime call. To do this, they’ll need:
- An iPhone running at least iOS 15
- An iPad running at least iPadOS 15
- A Mac running at least macOS Monterey
- Have the Apple user open the FaceTime app on their device and select Create Link at the top of the app.
- In the pop-up, the Apple user then needs to select how they’d like to share the link — via Messages, Mail, Snapchat, AirDrop, or another app. It doesn’t matter which method you use, the Android or PC user just needs to have the link.
- Once the Android or Windows user receives the link to facetime.apple.com, they need to open it in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Have the Android or Windows user enter their name and hit Continue.
- Once joined, have the Android or Windows user hit the green Join button in the floating pop-up. They might also need to give FaceTime permission to use their microphone and camera.
- The Apple user will then need to accept their request to join.
- Once both parties have entered the call, they’ll both see the same options to mute themselves, show or hide their camera, leave the call, and more.
Built-in video calling and chat
Depending on your carrier, you may have the option to start a video call while you are already on the phone. When you’re using the Phone app, simply tap the Video call icon to begin a call. It’s between the Add call and Bluetooth icons. To switch back to a standard voice call, tap the Camera icon to shut your device’s camera off. This may vary depending on your carrier. If you are unable to switch back to a voice call using the icon, you might have to end the call and call back.
Note: Google Duo is included in the dialer on certain One UI 2 devices. On some devices, the Video call icon may appear instead of the Google Duo icon.
Video call on your PC
If you prefer seeing your loved ones on a large screen, you can use your Galaxy Book or other Samsung PC to video chat as well. Google Duo and Skype are two popular options for video chatting with multiple people. There’s even a translation option with Skype, so you can call family members living in other countries.
Some other video chat apps include Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, Zoom, Webex, and Discord.
Note: Some apps may require a premium subscription to use certain features.