Here you can get information about How To Zip A File On Samsung Phone. Creating ZIP files will help you save space, organize your excess files, and encrypt sensitive material.
This document provides instructions on how to “zip” one or more files into one compressed file. This document may be useful for CoCs that need to upload their Grant Inventory Worksheet(s) in e-snaps.
Open and create ZIP files on Android
Have you downloaded any zip files on Android phone and don’t know how to open or read them? Do you want to compress multiple files into a zip file on your mobile? You can zip, unzip, update zip files using the stock File Manager or Explorer app on Android devices, such as Samsung, LG, HTC, Lenovo, Huawei, Xiaomi and so on. If your device doesn’t have the zip/unzip utility, you can download a third-party zip, archive app, or even file managers with the zip/unzip feature.
Open, preview, extract Zip file on Android phone
Run the stock File Manager app on your Android phone. Browse to the folder where you have downloaded or saved the ZIP file to. Tap on the ZIP file to open it, you can then preview all content in the ZIP file before extracting them to your phone.
Tap Extract button, then select the files included in the archive file that you want to extract. Touch the Extract button again to unzip all or the selected files only. The extracted files will be saved to the same path as the original ZIP file.
Create ZIP files on Android phone
Open your Galaxy’s My Files app.
- Find and tap the yellow folder icon on your Apps menu to open My Files.
Tap and hold the file you want to compress.
This will highlight the selected file. A yellow checkmark will appear.
- Optionally, you can select multiple files or a folder to compress. In this case, tap all the files or folders you want to select.
Tap the ⋮ icon.
- This button is located in the upper-right corner of your screen. Tapping will open a drop-down menu with all your options.
Tap Zip on the drop-down menu.
- This will compress all the selected files and create a new Zip archive.
Tap and hold the Zip file.
- This will highlight the Zip file on the list. A yellow checkmark will appear.
Tap the orange SHARE button at the top.
- You can find this option next to DELETE in the upper-right corner of your screen. This will allow you to select an app to share the selected Zip file.
Select an app on the pop-up menu.
- It will open your contacts’ menu in this app, and allow you to select a contact and send the Zip file.
Tap the Send button.
- Depending on the app you choose, you will be able to share the Zip file with your contact in a chat conversation or an email.